The White Hart – Brew Pub General Manager Required
The White Hart is a family owned pub with no corporate or brewery ties. We refurbished the pub extensively over 3 years ago, introduced a bigger kitchen and a micro-brewery in the cellar. We have since then seen a dramatic growth in sales of craft beer and food sales.
We launched One Mile End Brewery October 2014 from the cellars in White hart and quickly established a core range of excellent craft beers whilst simultaneously filling The White Hart’s taps with experimental one-off specials. Now the One Mile End brewery has expanded and relocated to a new site in Tottenham Hale, the original brew kit remains in our home at the White Hart and will be used for smaller brews and be open to the public for brew days.
The kitchen is open 7 days a week offering traditional pub food all prepared on site, having a busy weekday night and weekend service.
Will be discussed at interview and will reflect experience and current market rates.
· As General Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the running of the brew pub .
· To deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all of our customers, with the key aim of retaining and attracting new customers.
· You will be expected to understand all aspects of the business, this will include taking part in brewing.
Generating profit for the business
Liaising with the Head Chef on menu choice and service
Liaising with the Head Brewer
Ordering stock, supplies & guest beers
Take full responsibility for daily weekly and monthly stock takes
Representing the One Mile End brewery and our full range of products
Control office all office admin and financial procedures as required
Accountable for all cash management including credit card transactions
Rota scheduling & keeping staff timesheets
Adhere to all Health and Safety and COSH legislation
Devising beer promotions, planning & setting up creative events
Deal with employee records and any complaints or grievances
Maintaining the social media presence for the pub
Setting up bar lines & fonts
Stock & fridge management
Coordinating table booking
· have proof of right to work in the UK
· Have a Personal Licence or be eligible to apply for one
· have a UK bank account in your own name
· Be friendly, smiley, sociable and welcoming to our customers, to create a great atmosphere
· Remain calm, patient and polite, if receiving customer feedback
· Have at least 1 years’ experience in management of a similar operation
· Have a passion for beer, and a knowledge of the current beer market in the UK and worldwide
· Cellar maintenance and understanding of the product from delivery to serve is a must.
· Have an understanding of food hygiene, and health and safety practices in a working restaurant
· Have a thorough understanding of stock management
· Have a working knowledge of weekly and monthly banking, and the ability to break down finances with income and outgoings all recorded
· Honest and reliable
· Strong team leader and team player
· Enthusiastic in all elements of the role
· Punctual and professional
· Polite to customers, staff and any associates in the industry
As General Manager you will have to work hard and engage with customers and staff whilst working under pressure. Leading a great team you will push for outstanding customer service across all aspects of the business. Working together with the kitchen, you will give our customers a fantastic experience and quality service throughout daily shifts and special events.
Understanding small business finances is an essential part of the role, with up to date records of daily, weekly and monthly records kept and reviewed continually to ensure we are achieving our projected goals.
A strong level of conversational English is essential, with an honest love of English pub culture and social skills.
Shifts will include evening and weekend work.
Vacancy closes; 28th July 2016